New Year, New Beginnings (New Inspirational Quotes Too!)

ShareTweet about this on Twitter20Share on Facebook126Share on Google+2Pin on Pinterest94,152Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Buffer this pageEmail this to someoneShare on LinkedIn2

It’s a brand new year! Time for new calenders, a whole new six months of putting the wrong year on everything (it takes me a while to catch up!) and new beginnings. To celebrate, I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite inspirational quotes on “newness.” Call them “new quotes” if you want, although some of them were spoken by some really old folks (like in the grave for decades old).

So let’s get to it and celebrate the New Year with New Quotes, or inspirational quotes about newness if you will.

New Quotes about Newness

I love this one because it’s so true. You can never really go back to the beginning and start over. You can, however, start new right now. Put aside all the things that went wrong in the past and celebrate the New Year by deciding to change your future.

New Quotes about Newness

First, I really love this Notegraphy site! I’ve used a few other quotes to images sites before, but I just found this one while writing up this post. Pretty cool, isn’t it? The quote speaks for itself.

New Quotes about Newness

I am always amazed at how some of my favorite authors come up with whole new words in their novels. Now I understand why! You can’t describe something totally new without introducing entirely unique words.

New Quotes about Newness

Poor Marie Antoinette. She was having a relatively good life, going along enjoying her elaborate parties and BAM, she lost her head. Before she lost it, though, she did say some pretty brilliant things.

New Quotes about Newness

Can’t do a post with quotes about new beginnings without a quote specifically about a New Year, now can you? I love the sentiment in this one. Just think of all the wonderful new things that await us in the New Year!

Looking for more great quotes? Check out my Wonderful Words board on Pinterest!

About Nicole Etolen

35 Responses to “New Year, New Beginnings (New Inspirational Quotes Too!)”

Read below or add a comment...

1. I love the quotes that you picked out!! I had a great year in 2013 and I am looking very forward to seeing what 2014 brings me :)

2. Veronica says:

These inspirational quotes will help set the tone for the new year.

3. These quotes are just what I needed! Thank you so much!

4. Nicole A. says:

I love quotes. I used to have a notebook that I would fill with quotes that I’d find that I really liked.

5. I love the Rainer Maria Rilke quote. It is perfect for this season.
    I feel sorry for Marie Antonietta also. She was a very intelligent woman but a product of her social class and culture, unable to feel emphaty for people she felt, were “beneath” her socially.
    I hope our world and time would be better but sadly there is still a lot of unfairness. Maybe this year things will start to get better.
    Hope you have a terrific 2014!

6. becca says:

i love a good inspiring quote it makes me smile and gives me a great feeling

7. Michele says:

Love all those quotes-my favorite is the one by Marie Antoinette. “There is nothing new except what has been forgotten” Which is why history keeps repeating itself!

8. I love those quotes you’ve used, they are inspiring!

9. Pam says:

Those are good quotes to help inspire us to a positive start in 2014. I am going to check out your pinterest board too.

10. Wow I am loving these quotes, This is very inspiring

11. Lawna says:

I love your first inspirational quote. It’s so true to words!

12. Lindsay says:

I started this year off New! last year had its up and downs.

13. Anita Breeze says:

I do love inspirational quotes. It’s important to feed our minds with positive things.

14. melanie says:

I especially love the quote about new worlds. i love inspirational quotes and the ones that make you think.

15. Annie says:

Thank you for sharing these quotes, loved them!

16. Mel Cole says:

Thank you for the very nice quotes! Love reading them.

17. Lovely quotes – I am sure everything this year will be good! <3 And exciting! I myself am very happy and excited about what this year awaits for me :)

18. Great Quotes! I love inspirational quotes. Thank you so much for sharing these positive quotes

19. My favorite quote is the first one. I have always said, the only person that change yourself is you. So start now and change now, b/c you can’t change back then.

20. I really enjoyed these quotes. I also love finding quotes to support what I want to say in writing or how I am feeling at the time.

21. Love these quotes! They are new to me!

22. I’m always looking for great quotes and you’ve got some great ones here.

23. I love these great quotes, thank you for sharing. :)

24. Felicia says:

Нey there! I’ve been reading your weblog for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead
    and give you a shoսt out from Houston Tx!
    Jսst wanted to mention ҡeep up the fantastic work!

25. ipankint says:

What a nice quote all.
    The picture was also good for profile picture or avatar.

26. gichira says:

hey guys just wanted to send a shout out from Kenya. ..i love your quotes. .they so inspiring

Trackbacks

1. […] New Year, New Beginnings (New Inspirational Quotes Too!) It’s a brand new year! Time for new calenders, a whole new six months of putting the wrong year on everything (it takes me a while to catch up!) and new beginnings. To celebrate, I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite inspirational quotes on “newness.” Nicole Etolen […]

Say Something