Join the #Yvolution in Scooting with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

Tweet about this on Twitter10Share on Facebook38Share on Google+33Pin on Pinterest19Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Buffer this pageEmail this to someoneShare on LinkedIn1

I received a EXY Trickstartr Scooter to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.

Yvolution: Life in Motion

My son, Jake, never really got into bike riding. He tried once, fell, and gave it up. He does, however, love riding a scooter. He got one when he was three and has been riding it since. Now, at almost 9 (on Saturday, eeek!), he’s ready to move past just riding around and get into some tricks. The EXY Trickstartr Scooter makes it easy for him to master some really cool skills with ease.

Exy Trickstartr Scooter: Join the Yvolution

Join the #Yvolution in Scooting with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

First, let’s talk assembly, because as a parent this is one of the most important things that I look at when I buy anything. I am horrible at assembling stuff. Utterly and completely horrible. I yell, I cry, I throw things, then I beg someone else to do it. The EXY Trickstartr Scooter comes in two pieces, plus a third piece that connects them. Assembly involves slipping piece one into the connector, then slipping onto piece 2 and tightening the screws. Five minutes. The hardest part is making sure you have the handle bars lined up just right with the wheel.

Join the #Yvolution in Scooting with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

Learning stunts with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

Join the #Yvolution in Scooting with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

See that extra piece at the back of the EXY Trickstartr Scooter? It’s called a Tilt Bar, and it’s the piece that helps your kids learn to do rockin’ tricks. There are four riding style with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter. The first one involves using the Tilt Bar to find your balance point. You push off with one foot on the Tilt Bar and the other on the scooter deck. When you lean back, the Tilt Bar catches you. Once you find the spot where you’ve achieved balance, try balancing yourself with both feet on the Tilt Bar.

Join the #Yvolution in Scooting with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

The second and third riding styles involve changing your position on the Tilt Bar. First you learn how to lean back on the Tilt Bar. Then you learn how to keep only one foot on it while the other is on the side. Finally, you ride with one foot on the edge of the Tilt Bar while holding the other leg out. Soon, your child will be doing tricks without the aid of the Tilt Bar!

Join the #Yvolution in Scooting with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

Jacob really surprised me at how fast he caught on. He was zooming around in no time, and even do tricks where he jumped in the air while riding! This is my favorite picture:

Join the #Yvolution in Scooting with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

While I feel like Jacob has mastered the tricks pretty well and is ready to take the Tilt Bar off, he just really likes having it there. He feels like he needs to work on his wheelies at a faster speed still. Plus it just looks really cool. It makes his scooter stand out from the others. Check out the video to see it in action. Yes, his shoe was untied. Yes, I know that is not good. I didn’t realize it until after I took the video.

Mastering tricks on the EXY Trickstartr Scooter has really given Jake a boost in self-confidence. He’s been on it every single day since we got it. It’s so great to see him come home and rush to go outside rather than rushing to his gaming systems. Plus he’s getting fresh air and exercise.

Learn more about the EXY Trickstartr Scooter

The EXY Trickstartr Scooter is sold exclusively at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at www.Toysrus.com/Yvolution. Learn more about the Trickstartr at EXYSports.com. Follow Trickstartr on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with news. Check out their YouTube channel for more great videos of the EXY Trickstartr Scooter in action!

Do your kids love riding scooters? Do they know any cool tricks?

About Nicole Etolen

20 Responses to “Join the #Yvolution in Scooting with the EXY Trickstartr Scooter”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Julie Wood says:

I am babysitting my niece and nephew this Summer, and they love riding their scooters up and down the driveway and at the park. They are very good at doing tricks on it. This is a nice Scooter and the purple color is great. I will have to show my sister this brand.

2. becca says:

My son has never been a scooter type of kid he doesn’t even know how to ride a bike for fear of falling. your son is way cool with his tricks.
    becca recently posted..Weighing In WK#78

3. This looks like such an awesome scooter! My kids would love one!
    Amy Desrosiers recently posted..Simplify Your Summer with Dawn Ultra and Check out our Bubble Cupcakes DIY

4. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

My two boys would LOVE that. They have Razr scooters and try to do tricks on them all the time, but it doesn’t always work.

5. Kay Adeola says:

This looks really good my son would love this.Looks like Jake is doing great with it i enjoyed the video.Also its great it has given him confidence and that he would rather be outside.
    Kay Adeola recently posted..Belinda And Bolt

6. I love anything that promotes being active. That looks like it would be a lot of fun, I will have to check it out for my youngest.
    Jennifer Williams recently posted..Mineral Ridge – Coeur D’Alene, Idaho

7. That’s an awesome picture! Looks like a really great scooter too. Glad he found something besides the bike he enjoys so much.
    The Chef’s Wife | Anne @TheSatEvePot recently posted..Is Your Child a GMO Science Experiment? #MakeADifference #DoSomething!

8. Triplezmom says:

We need to do more bike and scooter riding around here. This looks very fun!
    Triplezmom recently posted..Dear Future Dance Mom

9. Pam says:

My kids loved playing on scooters when they were younger! This looks like an awesome one to do tricks with.

10. Danielle says:

I wish I could get my son on a scooter they look like so much fun but my son is a little worry wart and believes that he might get hurt.
    Danielle recently posted..Top 25 Workout Songs Day 18 of 100

11. Those look like so much fun! I’m sure my son will want one when he’s older.
    krystalskitsch recently posted..Plan a Vacation to the Westin Cape Coral

12. That sure looks like a lot of fun! Awesome tricks.
    Amber NElson recently posted..REVIEW: Lolly Wolly Doodle Wins Over Stubborn Lola

13. Looks like Jake is really enjoying his scooter. My son is too young for scooters. I love this one!

14. Rosey says:

Look at him go! That’s great, and the scooter’s a nice looking one too!

15. Amanda says:

That looks really great! My son would love something like that!
    Amanda recently posted..Today’s Top Deals – 50% off Starbucks Gift Cards, Puma Sale, $1 Kid’s Ebooks

16. I used to ride scoots all the time when I was a kid, I had no idea they still made them!

17. Liz Mays says:

My kids still get a kick out of scooters. They always pull mine out when they come to visit. That’s a neat one with the tilt bar.
    Liz Mays recently posted..TGI Fridays Serves Up Free Food Tastes #SummerofFridays

18. Ann Bacciaglia says:

My kids loves scooters when they were younger. Such a fun way to get around.

19. This is way too cool! I remember when scooters were really popular when I was kid. I was SOOO envious of all the kids that had one!
    Marielle Altenor recently posted..Oh Canada! June Warmer of the Month

20. Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also amm a blogger, and
    I was curious aboout your situation; many of uss
    have created some nice procedures and we are looking to exchange techniques with others, pleae shoot me an email if
    interested.
    renovating kitchens recently posted..renovating kitchens

Say Something