5 Unexpectedly Romantic Movies for Date Nights at HomeDonnie Darko:If you’re thinking Donnie Darko isn’t exactly romantic, you’ve pretty much missed the entire point of the movie. Then again, more than a decade after its release, fans are actually still arguing over the exact point. It’s really all kind of beautiful when you think about it. Donnie Darko has pretty much everything from violence to bizarre talking rabbits. It’s a total head game, but undeniably romantic! Warm Bodies: It’s a zombie movie, so your guy is pretty much on board right there. I know mine is! It’s also a sweet love story too! But wait! It’s not just a love story, it’s a story about a zombie who loves a living, breathing girl. Creepy? Yes. But still, unexpectedly romantic. Killers: One of my current favorite unexpectedly romantic movies! It’s not a deep piece of cinematic genius or anything, but it’s a good, fun date night movie. Plenty of action and humor, with just enough romance to keep you interested. It’s kind of like True Lies for a younger generation. Of course, you could always just watch the actual True Lies. Die Hard: My high school boyfriend would be doing the “I told you so” dance if he actually read my blog right now. I admit it, Die Hard is definitely unexpectedly romantic. What screams romance more than a man who single-handedly launches a war against terrorists to save his family? If your guy has been trying to get you to watch this for years, make this the night you finally give in. The Fifth Element : It took me a long time to watch this movie because I wasn’t a fan of Milla Jovovich for many years. Something about her irritated me when she was a model, and it took me time to accept her as an actress. I think this was the movie that changed my mind about her. It’s one of the coolest sci-fi movies and definitely scores high on the unexpectedly romantic front! Note that I didn’t include some of the more obvious yet totally awesome romantic adventure movies on this list. I almost feel bad leaving The Princess Bride off, but it’s not exactly an unexpected romance. If you’re looking for some other suggestions, check out the greatest love stories that don’t end in death!
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- 7 Best Amish Romances for Valentine’s Day from In Our Spare Time
- 10 Romantic Movies for Guys from Upstate Ramblings
- Snuggle Up for Valentine’s Day Movie Night from Day by Day in Our World
- 15 Books About the Love of a Dog from Two Little Cavaliers
- Love in Unexpected Places Movies from How Was Your Day?
- Funny Valentine’s Day Books for Kids from My Kids Guide
- 15 Good Clean Romance Novels for Valentine’s Day from Better in Bulk
- Family Valentine Movies from Views from the Ville
- Family Friendly Valentine’s Day Movies from Philzendia
- Quirky Love Stories from The Guavalicious Life
- Romantic Board Games for Couples from Gaggle of Gamers
- Romantic Movie Quotes from Style on Main