I received the Text-UR Foam Crafty Package in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Jacob and I have really been into crafting with foam lately, so the opportunity to review Text-UR Foam came at just the right time! It all started with our Minecraft Sword project. When Jake was little, I remember getting him those buckets of foam pieces and using them for crafts. Then for a long time, we kind of forgot about foam. After the Minecraft project, we became hooked again.
Text-UR Foam is completely different from the plain old foam sheets I was buying in craft stores. As the name implies, it’s more texture-based, meaning you can create completely different and fun designs with it!
What we love about Text-UR Foam
Before getting into the fun things we made with the Text-UR Foam Crafty Pack, let me tell you a few things that really rock about these kits.
- Vibrant colors! I love how all the sheets are such vibrant colors. Even the black and white sheets are rich in color (or is it lack of color?).
- Fun textures! With textures like Wavy, Scaly and Terry Cloth, you can add whole new dimensions to your foam crafting projects.
- Easy 3D space-urs! The “space-urs” are foam pieces with a sticky surface on both sides. They come in different sizes and thicknesses, so you can add a 3D effect to your foam craft projects. They are mercifully easy to peel! When I saw them, I admit I was a little scared. I don’t have the best luck with peeling off tiny little backings, as I don’t have nails to help me out. But the space-urs are so simple even Jacob was able to peel them off with ease. It may seem like I am easily impressed with minor details, but any parent who has ever struggled with the dreaded double-sided sticky tape knows what I’m talking about!
- Versatility- I love that Text-UR Foam kits come either with complete crafting ideas or as basic Crafty packs that allow your child’s imagination to run wild.
We opted for the Crafty Pack, which came with one shape kit, 2 foam sheet kits and 1 Owl kit. The shape kit featured sea animals. Jacob and I both created a fun sea creature. He made the squid and I made the seahorse.
We used the blue Text-UR Foam sheet from one of the sheet kits to create a bubbly undersea background. Jacob decided to use the green and black sheets to create-what else-a Creeper.
He then decided to add on a pair of legs. While you can play with Text-UR Foam without ever digging out a pair of scissors or markers, Jacob opted to color in the green legs. Here is is with both creations. He wanted me to take that picture to send to his cousin and friend. Pay no attention to the mass of stuffed animals on the bed, they are his “wall” to defend against any sort of beasts that go bump in the night.
We had plenty of supplies left over to keep us crafting for a while! I can’t wait to play with our Text-UR Foam again. I had just as much fun as Jacob did! Head over to the Text-UR Foam website and check out all the fun project ideas!
Where to Buy: Text-UR Foam kits are available at Michaels, Joann’s, Meijer and A.C. Moore. Kits start at $3.99.
Text-UR Foam Giveaway
Enter below for a chance to win your choice of either the Crafty pack that I reviewed or the Standard Package, which includes:
- 1 shape kit- The bug kit 7.99 value
- 1 frame kit (flower theme) 3.99 value
- 1 Bee Standup kit 3.99 value
- 1 turtle standup kit (exclusive to Michaels) 3.99 value
- 1 foam sheets kit (the package of Multi color sheets)7.99 value
Giveaway is open to US Residents age 18+ and ends on 9/23 at 11:59PM.
Giveaway is over. Congratulations to Janice C.