I received a Karmin Titanium Professional Hair Flat Iron in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
After decades of dealing with thick poofy hair, I finally started flat-ironing my tresses about two years ago. Since then, I’ve been on a mission to find the perfect flat iron. The criteria? It has to heat up fast, not pull my hair when I use it and actually flatten nicely. Oh, it also has to be comfortable and easy to use. Pretty is a plus, but not a necessity. With my Karmin Titanium Professional Hair Flat Iron, I’m confident that I’ve finally found perfection.
Karmin Titanium Professional Hair Flat Iron: From Crazy to Cute!
Let’s start with a “before” picture, shall we? This is my hair after washing and blow drying. I actually tried to straighten it a bit while blow drying, just to get it started. Otherwise, it’s a bit wavier. Um, if you happen to see any greys in there, just go ahead and ignore them. I forgot to dye my roots.
By the way, I even put on a “real” shirt instead of my favorite yet not-so-presentable pajama shirt that I usually wear when doing my hair. Although immediately after taking the picture, I changed! Then I went into the bathroom and plugged in my Karmin Titanium. I enlisted my mom to help me because I have A LOT of hair and it’s pretty long. While I can get the sides okay, it’s hard for me to reach my back. I sat down in my comfy Buoy chair (thanks to Fabulous Perks for pointing out that the chair would be great for doing hair!) while my mom got to work.
It took about 45 minutes to get my whole head done. For me, that’s not too bad. We did it in smaller pieces to really get it all flat. One thing I noticed is that the Karmin Titanium doesn’t “drag” through my hair the way sub-par flat irons do. When my mom used to do my hair before, and even when I did it, I used to feel this pulling, almost ripping sensation. That can’t have been good for my hair! I didn’t feel that at all with the Karmin. In fact, it ran through my hair so smoothly, sometimes I thought she was missing all my hair!
The final result? Take a look for yourself. I had to make this picture longer because, well, again, take a look for yourself.
Pretty impressive, right? Not only is it totally straight, it’s also so much shinier and healthier looking! I did this on Saturday and it’s still just as straight today. I’m not washing it for a week! Seriously, I’ll just use some dry shampoo on the scalp if I need to, otherwise, I’m totally leaving it be.
Features of the Karmin Titanium Professional Hair Flat Iron
In addition to be totally awesome, the Karmin Titanium also has the following features:
- Ultra hard, mirror smooth titanium plate surfaces
- Negative Ions and Infrared Heat, which cuts down on static and creates that super silky, shiny appearance that I’m so thrilled with.
- Ion field technology to lock in your hair’s natural oils
- Micro-porous technology to lock in moisture, super important when flat ironing your hair!
- Not damaging to hair!
- Automatically shuts off after 1 hour if you forget to turn it off.
- Heats up super fast!
- Different temperature settings for all hair types. From 80°C (176°F) to 240°C (460°F). I had to go on the hottest level because of how thick my hair is, but finer hair should go at a lower level.
- Drop-safe technology, so it won’t get ruined if you accidentally drop it.
- Swivel design makes it comfortable to hold
- Plates have a curve, perfect for creating a bit of a flip if you want. You can even use it to create curls.
Overall, I am incredibly happy with my Karmin Titanium Professional Hair Flat Iron. It did an outstanding job of straightening my hair AND leaving it looking healthier. I highly recommend it to anyone who flat irons their hair. You can grab it at Karmin’s website for $149.95. Like Karmin on Facebook and follow on Twitter to keep up with news. Karmin is now on Instagram too! Check it out!