If you are feeling like you need a breather, you might need a few tips and tricks to destress and unwind. I have been feeling very crazy busy lately and just don’t have much time to think about myself much. Then I start to feel my own anxiety rise over things it shouldn’t, I start losing more sleep, and I know trouble is starting. Sounds familiar? Try some of these tips below and in twenty minutes or less and you’ll feel lighter, happier and ready to tackle your day again!
17 Ways To Destress And Be Happier In 20 Minutes Or Less
- Read! Set aside a few minutes to pick up your favorite author, or check out some of our favorite books. This is one of my favorite ways to destress!
- Take a cool bath. Add a few Epsom salts to the bath and set a timer. A bath doesn’t have to last a long time, ten minutes can melt your stress away. I like to use Epsom salts with lavender oil.
- Take a walk outside! Lace up your shoes and explore a new part of your own neighborhood.
- Unsubscribe from unnecessary e-mails. Who doesn’t have promotional e-mails from bonuses and rewards programs they no longer need? Your head will feel better with fewer e-mails telling you to buy something you don’t need.
- Send a happy text to a friend or loved one. You’ll make their day, and it only takes a few minutes.
- Put on a new music playlist. Create something new that is fun, relaxing or inspiring on your favorite music channel.
- Color! Coloring helps me unwind, and doesn’t have to be fancy. If you’re looking for the perfect themed book, check out my adult coloring book series.
- Try a new beauty treatment you’ve been meaning to. This could be a face mask, painting your nails, deep conditioning your hair or whatever else you’ve been meaning to try.
- Watch a guilty pleasure TV show. Mine is Grey’s Anatomy and I sometimes do watch it in 20-minute increments, just saying!
- Pet your favorite animal. Have a dog, cat, rabbit or another favorite buddy? Show them a little extra love.
- Write down three small achievable goals, and do them. Sometimes achieving small goals helps jump start us to tackling the next items on your to-do list.
- Make a list of things you are thankful for. It will help you put into perspective all the amazing things in your life that are going well.
- Start a donation box, and put at least three items you no longer need in it.
- Take a break from social media. That likely means trying to also unplug from your phone for a bit. I try to plug mine in across the house every now and then to give myself a breather.
- Drink more water. I’ve recently found I had fallen off of drinking very much water, and it totally is affecting my day. Keeping a bigger bottle so I can track my progress helps me.
- Ask a friend or family member for support. It can be as simple as a hug, or an outside perspective.
Are you feeling stressed lately? How do you unwind and destress? Tell me your favorite quick ways to destress in the comments!