I know, I know, it’s only August! However, with shipping delays and what not across the country this year, I’m trying to get a head start. If you want your product or service considered for inclusion in Pretty Opinionated’s 10th Annual Gift Guide, keep reading for all the details! Oh, and if you’re a regular reader, I’d love to hear from you below. What’s on your wish list this year?
Get Featured In The Pretty Opinionated 2020 Holiday Gift Guide
If you have a fantastic product that you think will make a great gift, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably with something like “Gift Guide Submission” in the subject line. Before submitting, please skim the guidelines below to make sure your product is a good fit.
For the full guidelines, please visit my Gift Guide Inclusion Page. This is a shorter version to highlight what’s changed for 2020.
2020 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE GUIDELINES
2020 has been…challenging…to say the least. Between shipping delays, safety concerns and the worst financial crisis of my lifetime, shopping for the holidays is definitely going to be a different experience this year.
I am really focusing on affordable and/or super useful gifts this year. While I will still feature a handful of “just plain luxury” gifts, for the most part I feel like my readers will be looking for items that won’t bust their already straining budgets and that their recipients can actually use, especially in the “gifts for adults” category.
Here are some of the items that are really resonating with my readers, my offline friends and family, and my own household this year:
- Tech Gifts: Especially if they help kids learn online or make staying at home a lot more fun.
- Subscription Boxes: I’ve always had a mad love for subscription boxes, but I think this year they’ll be a huge hit because shoppers can order one for delivery to their own home, then “piece” it out into separate gifts. Shhh, don’t tell my son, but I’ve done this with gamer and anime boxes in the past!
- Gifts for Pets: While this doesn’t seem like something people would be splurging on, as a dog and cat lover, I never leave my furry friends off my shopping list. I know Freya, my Pharaoh Hound, would be heartbroken if she didn’t get her stocking from Santa.
- Things That Make Life Easier: Not sure what to call this category, but think to yourself “will this awesome gift make someone’s life easier?”
WHAT TYPES OF PRODUCTS DO WE ACCEPT?
Pretty Opinionated shares a wide range of gift ideas for the whole family, including our furry family members (the cats and dogs, not hairy uncle Joe!). I have one very simple rule: it MUST (must, must, must) be an actual gift idea. As in, something that you would give to someone you really loved. Think about what the gift says. Does it say, “you’re awesome!” or does it say, “Ick, you have bugs!”?
Vacuum cleaners and fancy mopping systems are the odd exception, since my mother has some sort of weird fascination with them and we can never have too many, apparently.
2020 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE CATEGORIES
This year, I’m dividing my gift guide up into the following categories:
- Gifts for Adults (I’ve ditched the gender-specific categories)
- Gifts for Little Kids (up to early elementary school)
- Gifts for Older Kids (around age 7-12)
- Gift Ideas for Teens
- Gifts for Pets
- White Elephant, Secret Santa, and Hostess Gifts (all in one section)
If you would like to see an example of how your product will appear, check out an example of one of my past gift guides.