Want to try something a little different this Thanksgiving without giving up any of your “core” recipes? Side dishes are fantastic opportunity to introduce new ideas and maybe even start new traditions while still keeping all your family’s favorites on the table.
Our Thanksgiving menu is pretty much written in stone. We have our turkey, my gran’s stuffing recipe, corn casserole (my son’s favorite), and sweet potato casserole. While none of us are willing to give up any of those dishes, I do feel like there is room on the table for one more side dish.
Honestly, given the way things are going this year, I’m not even entirely confident that I’ll be able to find half of the ingredients we need for our traditional side dishes. So, it doesn’t help to have a few backup plans! If you feel the same way- or just want to try something new for the heck of it- keep reading for a few yummy ideas to try this year!
Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes to Try
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans from Twitchetts
- Cranberry Fluff Salad from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce from Ginger Casa
- Easy Chorizo Stuffing from The Twitchetts
- Airfryer Hasselback Potatoes from Recipe This
- Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart from Dancing Through the Rain
- Creamed Peas and Pearl Onions from Cincy Shopper
- Gratin Dauphinois from OurFamilyWorld
- Dutch Green Beans from “Cents”able Momma
- Apple Cranberry & Herb Stuffing from Tater Tots & Jello
- Cranberry Salad from Love to Be in the Kitchen
- Green Bean Casserole Cornbread Cups from Sincerely, Mindy
- Smoked Gouda Scalloped Potatoes from Sidewalk Shoes
- Roasted Butternut Squash from My Turn for Us
- Creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes from Recipe Confessions
- Skillet Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Parm Cream Sauce from Peace, Love, Carbs
- Nutmeg Sweet Potato Stacks from The Spice Train
- Perfect Baked Pineapple Casserole from Not Just Paper & Paint
- Spinach & Walnut Salad from See Lindsay
- Stuffed Acorn Squash from Mama Challenge
- Potato Stuffed Mushroom Croquettes from My Yellow Apron
- Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Biscuits from Wholefully
- Classic Stuffed Mushrooms from Peas and Crayons
- Easy Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Cranberry Salad from Salvage Sister & Mister
- Creamy Buttermilk Cauliflower Mash from Hungry Hobby
Yum, right? I’m sure even the pickiest eaters can find something new to try from these 25 tasty Thanksgiving side dishes! If you’re looking for a new dessert idea, may I suggest my grandmother’s pineapple and marshmallow Heaven’s Delight? It takes about five minutes to make, then you just have to let it sit overnight.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? Do you stick with the same dishes every year or mix things up a bit?
I need some ideas for Side dishes for the Holidays, and these are awesome and I am going to make a few of them. Thanks so much for sharing.
These recipes look so yummy!
I have been looking for some new sides to serve this holiday and I have found some above. I’m definitely going to try the Dutch Green Beans and the Baked Pineapple Casserole. Those are two I think my whole family will enjoy.
Oh yum I’ve been wanting to try some new sides. The Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart, Nutmeg Sweet Potato Stacks, and the Potato Stuffed Mushroom Croquettes sure grabbed my attention.
I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed reading this post. Thank you! – coimbatore to shirdi flight package, shirdi flight package from coimbatore
That stuffing looks incredible. I will need to make it next Thanksgiving.
I wanna try these for this upcoming Thanksgiving
I would love to try the Air Fryer Hasselback potatoes.
Good day prettyopinionated.com
SEO Link building is a process that requires a lot of time.
If you aren’t using SEO software then you will know the amount of work load involved in creating accounts, confirming emails and submitting your contents to thousands of websites in proper time and completely automated.
With THIS SOFTWARE the link submission process will be the easiest task and completely automated, you will be able to build unlimited number of links and increase traffic to your websites which will lead to a higher number of customers and much more sales for you.
With the best user interface ever, you just need to have simple software knowledge and you will easily be able to make your own SEO link building campaigns.
The best SEO software you will ever own, and we can confidently say that there is no other software on the market that can compete with such intelligent and fully automatic features.
The friendly user interface, smart tools and the simplicity of the tasks are making THIS SOFTWARE the best tool on the market.
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, CONTACT ME ==> [email protected]
Regards, Rueben Arreguin
Netherlands, FRANCE, Ureterp, 9247 Ct, Leidijk 27
Totally good ideas! I am interested in the Stuffed Acorn Squash! Yum!
Thanks for sharing the side dishes! I can’t wait to try some new recipes for Thanksgiving!
The recipes look delicious! Thanks for sharing.
I would love to try the easy chorizo stuffing!