Greetings and salutations, UBP12 attendees! This is my second time participating in the Ultimate Blog Party, and the first time doing it with Pretty Opinionated. I’m really looking forward to hopping around and checking out everyone’s blogs, meeting new people, and making new connections.
If this is your first time visiting Pretty Opinionated, I’d love for you to take a moment to look around. Visit my About page to learn a little more about me. If you have a business and are looking for a great product reviewer, check out my contact info up there. I’m very friendly and easy to work with!
For those who don’t have time to check out my About page, I threw together ten random and not-so-random facts about me so we can get better acquainted.
Ten Things About The Girl Behind Pretty Opinionated
1. My name is Nicole, but I usually go by Nikki. I’m 36, and I have a really cool almost-7-year-old son named Jake. I typically don’t like pictures of myself, but I figure I should put a face behind the name, so there I am to the left.
2. I started Pretty Opinionated in January, 2011. It was primarily a review/giveaway blog up until recently. I’m currently expanding into lifestyle and other fun stuff because as much as I love reviewing products, I also love sharing other types of opinions.
3. I am a horrible cook, but I can bake fairly well. Actually, I can only bake Christmas cookies. Yes, just Christmas. I cannot make the same cookies any other time of the year. I don’t understand it either!
4. I sleep in knee socks. When I started dating my boyfriend, I didn’t want him to think I was a total dork, so I slept in regular ankle socks for the first month whenever he stayed over, and it was horribly uncomfortable. Then I started sneaking the knee socks on in the middle of the night. Now, we’ve reached the point where he already knows I’m a total dork, and he seems to love me anyway!
5. My favorite author is Karina Halle of the “Experiments in Terror” series. I’ve been hooked since her first book and can’t get enough. Check out my review of Darkhouse, then head to Smashwords to grab an e-book copy of it for just
$2.99, free! No, she’s not paying me to plug her here, I just love her books that much.
6. I’m deathly afraid of roller-coasters, clowns, and driving on the highway. I am planning to conquer at least one of those fears this summer. It won’t be the clowns or the highway though, I can’t see ever successfully dealing with either of those things.
7. I like coffee more than the average person. In fact, I fanatically love coffee. Coffee is my hero, it enables me to open my eyes each morning at the ungodly hour of 7:30AM.
8. I’m going to be a bridesmaid for the first time in my little brother’s wedding in September. I am really looking forward to it, yet at the same time terrified that I will trip and fall flat on my face at some point. Did I mention I’m a total klutz?
9. I’m incredibly shy in real life. Can you tell?
10. Are you still with me? If so, you rock! Last thing about me. Hmmm, this is a lot of pressure. I feel like I should reward you with a juicy tidbit for making it this far, but I’m really not all that interesting! I lived in Japan for 2 years, is that interesting? Oh, hey, I have magical powers! Not really, but THAT would be interesting, wouldn’t it?
A Few Of My Favorite Posts
While you’re here why not check out a few of my favorite relatively recent posts?
During Valentines Day, my boyfriend and I got to spend two nights at the super romantic Paradise Stream resort here in the Poconos. Check out My Valentine’s Day At Paradise Stream to read all about my adventures with archery, our romantic suite with a 7-foot champagne hot tub, and the extraordinary chocolate buffet.
Read Ten Places I’m Figuratively Dying to See Before I Literally Die to see my bucket-list of dream vacations.
Back in February, I adventured out into the wilderness to work on my nature photography, and documented it in my Adventures in Nature: Exploring the Poconos post.
The Chief Blonde of Still Blonde After All These Years and I had ourselves a Black Versus Pink Pinterest Throwdown. She beat me, but I still think black rocks way harder than pink! Sorry, Chief Blonde!
Okay, one last post, then I’ll shut up since this is getting incredibly long! For New Years, I did a post about Quotes To Ponder For the New Year, and it was my most popular post ever, at least on StumbleUpon. Who knew that a few inspirational quotes could get so many hits?